KARACHI: Former military dictator Pervez Musharraf has requested the Sindh High Court to remove his name from the Exit Control List of the government to enable him to fly abroad.
Musharraf’s counsel, Barrister Farogh Nasim, said on Wednesday that the name of his client must be removed from the Exit Control List as soon as possible. Talking to media after the hearing of Musharraf’s plea, the counsel said that the former president’s mother is very sick, therefore, he must be allowed to visit her in the UAE. He said Musharraf has to undergo medical treatment for his heart disease so time is important in both cases. Attorney General of Pakistan Salman Aslam Butt has sought three weeks’ time to study the case and would submit the government’s rejoinder on May 7.
Earlier, the Sindh High Court adjourned until May 7 Musharraf’s application through which he sought removal of his name from the ECL. A two-judge SHC bench, comprising Justice Muhammad Ali Mazhar and Justice Shahnawaz Tariq, heard the case. Barrister Nasim and Attorney General of Pakistan Butt appeared before the bench and presented their arguments. The attorney general, who is representing the federal government in the case, was directed to file his formal reply over the plea. However, he requested the court that he should be given at least three weeks to file government’s response. Barrister Farogh Nasim opposed the request, saying that no extra time should be given since Musharraf’s mother is critical and he wants to visit her.
KARACHI: As many as 1,277 people have died of ongoing heatstroke across Sindh province so far, out ...