KARACHI: Sindh High Court (SHC) on Tuesday issued a notice to Rangers Director General, provincial police chief and other officials to submit their comments on a petition seeking recovery of a missing man said to be kept in unlawful detention by paramilitary troops. A division bench headed by Justice Muhammad Ali Mazhar was seized with the hearing of petition filed by Saima Naz who moved the Court against law enforcers for detaining her husband Shoaib.
The woman petitioner submitted paramilitary personnel took her husband away from house in Garden area on July 12 and since then there was no clue to him.
She submitted she approached the Garden Police Station and other relevant police officials for recovery of her husband but they avoided action to locate her husband. The petitioner requested the Court to direct officials of paramilitary forces to produce her detained spouse in the Court.
Meanwhile, the same bench directed Home Secretary to constitute the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) in missing man case and submit its findings in the Court by August 18.
Counsel for petitioner Muhammad Usman told the judges Muhammad Farhan, petitioner’s brother was picked up by law-enforcers, clad in civil dresses on December 7, 2013. Since then he has been missing.
He said FIR was also registered with the police station concerned but no effort was being made by law enforcers to locate the missing man. The Court directed Home Secretary to constitute JIT for investigation into the missing person case and submit its report on August 18.
KARACHI: The Sindh Assembly (SA) on Monday passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill 2014. ...