KARACHI: Sindh Minister for Information, Archives and Local Government Sharjeel Inam Memon has said that every single Jiayala, including himself, had full confidence in Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah, and that reports about his removal were nothing but sheer speculations.
“The CM would hold his office as the chief executive of province for five years,” the information minister said while talking to the media at the Sukkur airport during his visit to Garhi Khuda Bukhsh to attend the 35th death anniversary of PPP founder Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, observed on Friday.
The Jiyalas of Pakistan People’s Party would not spare those, who would even think about hurting PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, he said.
He said that the Sindh government had already demanded of Punjab government to investigate about threats given to Bilawal Bhutto Zardari by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, while Sindh Assembly had in this regard passed a resolution.
He said that Rana Sanaullah’s statements were pack of non-serious gossips and pertained to comments on other information. Sindh government never considered his comments and statements as serious.
The minister while avoiding to contradict or confirm reports about taking Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) as coalition partner in Sindh government, said that all decisions regarding induction of MQM as coalition partner of PPP in Sindh government would be made while keeping the interests of the people of the province.
He said that PPP neither needed votes in past nor it was in need today; however, there was no harm in taking any as coalition partner for the sake of betterment in province and for the interest of the people.
In reply to a question as to why Sindh Chief Minister had held so many ministries under his single hand, he said that Punjab Chief Minister had also held 17 portfolios under his single hand. Sindh Chief Minister had greater experience than the Punjab Chief Minister and is an old parliamentarian and a sane politician with no allegation of corruption, Sharjeel observed.
In reply to another question, the minister said that target killing in Karachi had saliently curtailed because of the ongoing targeted operation against the criminals.
Action against drug mafia was also being accelerated and the law enforcement agencies had held many drug traffickers while a number of cases were also being tried in courts of law. The terrorists had disappeared only because of the targeted operation, he said.
The minister said that every single Jiayala including him had full confidence in Sindh Chief Minister and reports about his removal were nothing but sheer speculations and he would hold his office as the Chief Executive of province for five years.
The minister on deaths in Tharparkar said that those were not owing to drought but various other reasons made children a victim. The deaths of children were reported in higher numbers in other parts of the country and the poverty rate here was one of the biggest causes of children’s death.
KARACHI: Provincial Food Minister Jam Mehtab Hussain Dahar, while taking serious notice of ...