KARACHI: Commissioner Shoaib Siddiqui on Thursday said the work had been set in motion to ascertain the responsibility of Sea View tragedy.
In an interview to a private TV channel, the commissioner said the data from all the concerned departments including the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) had been summoned to determine the alleged culpability of the officials.
However, he added, it was not possible to appoint the life guards in a number to match the massive influx of picnickers, who turn up at the city’s beaches to celebrate the happy occasions.
Meanwhile, Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan took notice of the grief and disquiet of the bereaved families of the youths, who drowned at Sea View, and directed the authorities to facilitate these grieving families.
The governor Sindh adjured Commissioner Karachi and the officers of the DHA and other concerned departments to tap into all available resources to trace the missing persons and provide all information to the bereaved families.
Dr. Ebad urged upon the city administration to rise to the occasion with active participation in the rescue operation along with the teams of Pakistan Navy and Air Force. Meantime, Governor Ebad cautioned the citizens against heading towards beaches for recreation.
Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain regretting the loss of several precious lives at Sea View on the happy occasion of Eidul Fitr, asserted that drowning of 23 individuals is nothing short of a tragedy.
In a statement issued form the MQM’s International Secretariat in London, Altaf Hussain said the death of youths by drowning was quite alarming to him despite the imposition of Section-144, demanding curfew be clamped on all beaches to prevent such sad incidents from transpiring.
KARACHI: The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) claimed on Thursday that member of its central ...