JALALABAD: Six foreign soldiers and an Afghan translator were wounded in a suicide bombing in Jalalabad city, the provincial capital of eastern Nangarhar province on Sunday, a provincial government spokesman said.
“At around 3:00 p.m. Sunday, a militant rammed his car bomb into a convoy of foreign soldiers in Ring Road area of the city. The blast wounded six troopers and their local translator. One military vehicle was also destroyed in the attack,” spokesman Ahmad Zia Abdulzai told Xinhua.
The nationality of the injured remained unknown. A witness told local media that the targeted convoy was belonging to American forces.
Following the attack, a Taliban purported spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, claimed responsibility for the incident in the city, 120 km east of Afghan capital of Kabul.
Earlier on the day, several Afghan army soldiers and civilians were wounded in a roadside bombing in eastern part of Kabul. A surge in attacks has been witnessed in the country since mid- May when the Taliban launched a yearly rebel offensive against Afghan security forces and more than 44,000 NATO-led troops stationed in the country.
KHARTOUM: Tasneem Hussein was a soft-spoken university student in Khartoum when the transformation ...