Jeweller shot dead, four bodies found in city

* Another man burnt alive as room catches fire * Cylinder blast victim dies in hospital
Jeweller shot dead, four  bodies found in city

LAHORE: A 20-year-old jeweller was gunned down by unidentified motorcyclists in the limits of Ghalib Market police on Friday, while six other people, including a girl, were killed in different incidents across the city.
The first incident involves a boy identified as Fahad, a resident of 253-C, Shadman-2 and a jeweller by profession, running his business at the Shah Alam Market.
Police said that the victim was on his way back home along with his driver after meeting a friend in Firdous Market.
The driver told the police that he stopped the car near a bakery on Zahoor Elahi Road, and as he stepped inside to buy a bottle of water, he heard gunshots outside. 
The driver said he also saw two unidentified bikers fleeing the scene. 
Later, he found Fahad seriously injured inside the car. The injured was taken to a nearby hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries. 
The deceased’s brother, Faisal, said that they had no enmity with anyone and that they did not know who had killed his brother. 
Police said they were investigating the matter on different angels and would arrest the culprits soon. 
Meanwhile, a 20-year-old unidentified girl was found with her throat slit in the Islampura police area.
Police said that some passers-by saw the body lying inside Saggian Park on Bund Road and informed the police about it. 
Police reached the spot and shifted the body to the city mortuary for an autopsy. 
Police also made several announcements in the local mosques about the body but no one came forward to identify it. 
The police said that that body also bore torture marks, and believed that she was killed somewhere else and the body was later disposed of.
Separately, and elderly man was burnt alive as his room caught fire due to a gas heater in the Chuhng police limits.
The deceased, identified as Muhammad Din, a resident of Jhanda Chowk, Chuhng, reportedly forgot to turn off the gas heater in his room before going to sleep. The clothes near the gas heater caught fire, which rapidly engulfed the room and killed Muhammad Din. Upon being informed, firemen rushed to the scene and extinguished the flames after hectic efforts. 
Meanwhile, the 60-year-old man who sustained injures in a cylinder blast at Misri Shah earlier this week died in a hospital on Friday.
The deceased, identified as Nazir Ahmad, was injured when a gas cylinder at a shop exploded after a leakage. 
A man had died on the spot, while three persons, including Ahmad, received serious injuries. 
Also on Friday, three unidentified men were found dead in Naseerabad, Sundar and Shadbagh areas. 
The bodies were found near the Makkah Colony, Sundar Adda and Shadbagh Roundabout. Police said that hypothermia and drugs could be factors in the men’s death. 

comments powered by Disqus