Elderly man dies in building fire

* Two kidnappers shot dead in police encounter
Elderly man dies in building fire

LAHORE: An elderly man died after a fire erupted in a three-storey building located in Shah Alam Market Rang Mahal on Thursday.
According to rescue officials 1122, fire broke out in a room situated at third floor of the building when a blanket caught fire from portable heater where victim patient was asleep. The fire engulfed the room immediately, and as a result he received serious burn injuries and died on the spot. The deceased was identified as 70-year-old Khalid, resident of Shah Alam Market. 
When informed, police and rescue teams reached the spot and began rescue operation. Fire-fighters controlled the fire after hectic effort, however, valuables worth million of rupees had been reduced to ashes by then. Later, police handed over the body to the victim’s family. 
Separately, five persons fainted when a smoke of coal engulfed a locked room near Shaukat Khanum Hospital, Johar Town.
Some locals informed the police and rescue teams when they saw a cloud of smoke in a house near Shaukat Khanum Hospital. Rescue teams reached the spot and evacuated the people and later shifted them to a nearby hospital where their conditions was said to be out of danger.
Meanwhile, two kidnappers of four-and-a-half-year old child Nauman were killed in an alleged police encounter at Chado Raod Kahana.
The deceased kidnappers were identified as Muhammad Asif and Muhammad Imran of Okara. Police investigator said Nauman was kidnapped by two unknown persons a week ago from 1-D2 Green Town area when he was playing in front of his house. He said the kidnappers were hiding in a residence quarter behind Darbar Pir Ayaz when police tracked them and killed during an encounter. The abducted child was recovered safely.
The kidnappers had demanded Rs 1 million ransom from Nauman’s parents. After the incident, child’s parents approached the Green Town police and registered FIR against the unknown kidnappers. 
CCPO Chaudhry Shafique took notice of the incident and directed SPCIA Muhammad Umar Virk to arrest the kidnappers as the earliest. In reaction, SP CIA started investigation into the crime. After tracing the criminals through cellular networking, SP CIA with his team started operation to arrest them.

comments powered by Disqus