65 houses damaged in Indian firing

SIALKOT: A Pakistani citizen Muhammad Sharif (49) was injured while more than two dozen of cattle were killed and more than 65 houses were destroyed or badly damaged in the unprovoked intensified shelling by Indian Border Security Forces (BSF) on Sialkot border villages in Charwah, Merajkey, Sucheetgarh, Harpal, Chaprar and Bajwat sectors of Sialkot Working Boundary. According to the senior officials of the Chenab Rangers, the BSF shelled the Sialkot border villages Bajrah Garhi, Charwah, Jarwal, Kaseera, Anula, Nandpur, Rangpur Jattan, Sucheetgarh, Beeni, Merajkey, Khadraal, Meendarwal, Thathi Khurd, Thathi Kalan, Chaprar and surrounding villages for about nine hours, as the Indian BSF started unprovoked stepped up heavy shelling on Sialkot border villages in above-mentioned sectors along the Sialkot Working Boundary at about 09:15pm (between Saturday and Sunday), which remained continued until 7am intermittently (Sunday morning), almost whole of the last night. Muhammad Sharif (49) of village Jarwal-Sialkot was injured seriously, as he was sleeping in his house. His house was also damaged in the shelling. He was shifted to Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Sialkot. Malik Akbar’s five goats were killed in Indian shelling in village Bajrah Garhi-Anula. Indian shells also badly hit the electrical wires in Bajrah Garhi village due to which the supply of electricity remained suspended for several hours. Two donkeys were also reportedly killed in Indian shelling-hit Sialkot border village Khadraal. The senior officials of the Chenab Rangers added that the Indian Border Security Forces (BSF) again targeted the civil population with their stepped up heavy shelling, saying that the Indian BSF used light machine guns (LMGs) and heavy machine guns (HMGs) besides, firing the heavy mortar shells in the Sialkot border villages. They revealed that the Indian BSF on Sunday stepped up heavy shelling on Sialkot border villages along the Sialkot Working Boundary at 09:15pm (late at the last night), which remained continued for about nine hours till 07:00 am (Sunday morning), intermittently. The Chenab Rangers retaliated instantly and effectively and silenced the Indian guns by giving them the answer in a befitting manner, the senior officials added. 

comments powered by Disqus
  • DailyTimes.Official
  • DailyTimes_DT
  • Rss
Sunday Magazine
Aaj Kal