QUETTA: The private schools in Pangjour District have announced that they would reopen on June 23 after a closure of a month due to threatening messages, phone calls and distribution of pamphlets in the districts.
Addressing a press conference in Panjgour on Monday, Balochistan Frontier Corps (FC) Panjgour Rifles Commandant, Brigadier Muhammad Amin, District Police Officer (DPO) Dr Samiullah and members of the Private Schools Association said that some miscreants had misused the name of religion, and that the pamphlets which were distributed in the name of the organisation Tanzeem-al-Islami-al-Furqan were fake, as such an organisation does not exist at all.
No religion of the world stops anyone from acquiring education, they said and added that the perpetrator of this act would be unmasked soon. They said that they have a clear understanding of the tension which the school administration, parents and teachers had to face for so many days, adding that since day one they had been in contact with the school administration and wanted to restore the educational activities through peaceful means.
They said that due to its high standards of education, Panjgour enjoys a unique position in Balochistan and that the graduates of this district are serving not only on high positions in Pakistan but in the Gulf countries too. The officials said they wanted to take a decision by taking all the stakeholders on board so that the future of Panjgour and its peace could also be secured. They said as far as the ban on the girls’ education is concerned, it is not acceptable in anyway.
QUETTA: At least eight people were killed and 10 others injured in back-to-back hand grenade ...