Operation to last till elimination of enemy

ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said on Sunday the operation will continue till the surrender or elimination of the enemy. He said the Pakistani nation was standing behind its armed forces in its fight against terror. In a press statement issued after launch of military operation in North Waziristan to eliminate terrorists, the minister said that directions had been given to eliminate terrorists who were responsible for the slaughter of innocent Pakistani civilians and law enforcement officials. The minister further said that the operation would continue till the surrender or elimination of the enemy. He said that the government tried its level best to resolve the crisis by dialogue. “We were frustrated with attacks on the innocent Pakistanis and the damage caused to national assets,” he added.
He said the terrorists exploited government’s desire to bring peace through dialogue and instead took it as government’s weakness. He said the launch of the operation was a well-thought-out decision by the government. “The government considered all pros and cons before announcing a decisive military operation against the terrorists,” he said, and added, “We are ready for retaliation and blowback from the terrorists.”

comments powered by Disqus
  • DailyTimes.Official
  • DailyTimes_DT
  • Rss
Sunday Magazine
Aaj Kal