‘Naya Pakistan invisible in Pakhtunkhwa’

*Rashid says figures tampered to cover Rs 41 billion shortfall

ISLAMABAD – Minister for Information and Broadcasting Senator Pervaiz Rashid has said that the ‘Naya Pakistan’ of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is invisible in the budget of their domain as it does not reflect their proclaimed vision.

In a statement issued here, he said that figures have been tampered and fudged to cover Rs 41billion shortfall in the budget to make it appear as a balanced budget. He said that 71% of the total budget will be spent on salaries, leaving merely 29% for development which is very little for the development.

“PTI should have curtailed its administrative and none development expenditure to spend the money on welfare of the common people,” Senator Rashid suggested. Another contradiction of PTI appears by accepting foreign aid from USAID, British and Germans against their claims of not going to the United States and their actions of staging protests and road blockades against US/NATO, he said.

The minister said that it was not a tax-free budget as tax has been imposed on professionals and other categories. “So where is the relief for common man,” he questioned. For the first time in the history of Pakistan, property tax has been extended to rural areas and villages in this provincial budget, he said. “Is this Naya Pakistan vision of the PTI leadership,” he again questioned.

“Where have gone claims of Imran Khan to turn every hospital in KP into Shaukat Khanam? Why are traders, industrialists, doctors and others leaving Peshawar? Why salaries of the chief minister, cabinet ministers and others have been doubled at 100% increase including house rent which is Rs 70000/- as compared to the salaries of the government employees which has been increased only by 10%,” he said.

“Why the PTI government wasted most of the financial year as the first development project was initiated in February 2014? No mega projects have been included. A token amount of Rs 20 crore has been earmarked for urban transport system, what happened to Nano Train of Imran Khan,” he said, and asked Imran Khan to come up with answers of these questions in his next public gathering.

comments powered by Disqus
  • DailyTimes.Official
  • DailyTimes_DT
  • Rss
Sunday Magazine
Aaj Kal