Taftan suicide attack toll rises to 24

QUETTA: The death toll from suicide bombing on the Shia pilgrims in Taftan rose to 24 on Monday, with 25 others, including women and children, seriously injured. Talking to Daily Times Balochistan Home Secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani said that 21 of the dead pilgrims belonged to Kohat while three were from Quetta. He said that a total of four suicide bombers attacked the hotels, of which one was shot dead by the Levis force. He said that the injured have been discharged from the hospital after provision of necessary treatment. Earlier in the day, Balochistan home minister and the secretary told a joint press conference that two suicide bombers entered the hotels where the pilgrims were staying. “They encountered the security personnel on the gate and killed one of them in exchange of fire. Later, they detonated themselves,” the home minister said. The minister ruled out any impression of security lapse and added that it was only due to the timely response of the security personnel that a major disaster was prevented. Majlis Wahadat ul Muslimeen staged a protest demonstration on Alamdar Road.

comments powered by Disqus
  • DailyTimes.Official
  • DailyTimes_DT
  • Rss
Sunday Magazine