QUETTA: Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch on Wednesday visited Sibi city to inquire after the injured of Tuesday’s Jaffar Express bombing at the Combined Military Hospital (CMH), and later examined the blast site at the railway station.
Interacting with newsmen, Dr Baloch strongly condemned the blast, and said the government would never allow bloodshed of innocent people and would turn the province into a cradle of tranquillity and peace. He called the blast “inhumane” and “un-Islamic”.
He also said it was against the Baloch custom to kill innocent people. The chief minister said the government could only succeed in curbing acts of terrorism with cooperation of the masses. “The people should link themselves to the government agencies to put an end to such incidents.” About the lack of doctors at the Sibi district headquarters hospital, Baloch said those doctors who had already been deputed had been ordered to ensure their arrival at the earliest.
The chief minister said that soon after the receipt of information about the incident, the government machinery was set in motion. He also extended his thanks to the volunteers of army, Frontier Constabulary, police and others who ferried the injured to the hospital in a timely manner. Stringent security arrangements had been put in place during the chief minister’s visit.
ISLAMABAD: The ISPR on Monday categorically rejected assertions that the army and ISI were backing ...