ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Interior has placed names of nine present and former officials of Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA), SNGPL and SSGCL on the Exit Control List (ECL) in connection with a multi-billion scam in OGRA.
According to sources, the nine persons include Dewan Ziaur Rehman; Jawad Jamil; Rashid Lone, ex-MD SNGPL; Zuhair Siddique, MD SSGCL; Azeem Siddique, ex-MD SSGCL; Syed Arslan, GM Finance SSGCL; Mirza Mehmood, director SNGPL/SSGCL and Yousaf Ansari, DMD SSGCL.
The government has barred them from leaving the country without approval of the competent authority and the court concerned.
The Executive Board Meeting (EBM) of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday had approved two references in the multi-billion Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) scam.
The first reference was approved regarding illegal appointment of Tauqeer Saidq as chairman of OGRA.
The accused persons include former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, former minister for water and power Raja Pervez Ashraf (chairman of selection committee), Shaukat Durrani, member technical for selection process, Javed Nazir, member selection committee from OGRA, Sikandar Hayat Mekan, former senior joint secretary of Cabinet Division.
The EBM had also approved a second reference on account of corruption in OGRA. The accused included Tauqeer Sadiq, Mansoor Muzaffar, Mir Kamal Fareed Bijrani, Jawad Jamil, Dewan Ziaur Rehman Farooqi, Abdur Rashid Lone, Zohair Siddique, Azeem Iqbal Siddique, Syed Arslan Iqbal, Mirza Mehmood Ahmad and Yousaf J Ansari. An interim reference had already been filed in the accountability court in November 2012.
The OGRA scam case is being heard by the Supreme Court. On Tuesday, the court had issued summons to NA B chief Qamar Zaman Chaudhry to justify indolent handling of the matter.
“Cases are at a stage where the chairman can make up his mind allowing filing of references against those guilty in the investigation,” NAB Prosecutor General KK Agha informed the court.
But the court said that prima facie no diligent or prompt action appeared to have been taken and that the prosecutor general was not under instructions from the chairman to inform the court about the status of the references.
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistani Taliban Wednesday said they would not extend a ceasefire called to help ...