Oct 30, new date for completion of metro bus project



RAWALPINDI: The government has given new target date to the construction companies for the completion of the metro buss project. The new date is October 30, instead of the earlier deadline of January 15, 2015. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif would inaugurate the bus service. Tender has also been opened for obtaining 60 jumbo air-conditioned buses in the first phase. A Turkish company has succeeded in seeking the tenders. The company would start providing the buses in November. According to sources, 40 percent work on this project has been completed and the remaining 60 percent would be completed by October 30. The CDA has provided 20 acres of land near Peshawar More for the construction of depot for the buses. The Peshawar More Interchange would be 14 kilometres long while three flyovers, three underpasses, and four lopes would be constructed therein at the cost of Rs 7 billion. 

comments powered by Disqus
  • DailyTimes.Official
  • DailyTimes_DT
  • Rss
Sunday Magazine
Aaj Kal