ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage Pervaiz Rashid said on Friday attacking processions and rallies of political opponents was not policy of the Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N).
Talking to various news channels, the minister said creating hurdles in the way of political rallies had never been the policy of the ruling party.
Those, who had committed the illegal act of attacking the rally of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), would be brought to book, he added.
He said,” We should not jump to any conclusion as it is yet not clear who attacked the rally.” Replying to a question, Pervaiz Rashid said the government was making all-out efforts to ensure that no untoward incident happened in the march.
However, he said the leadership of PTI and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) had been warned about the dangers involved in the marches.
They were told that terrorists could take advantage of the long marches as the Zarb-e-Azb operation was going on against them, he added.
“God forbid if some mishap occurs on the way, the obstinacy of the PTI and PAT leadership would be a factor,” he added. The minister said the PTI had asked for Aabpara as venue of the sit-in, for which the permission had been given.
Meanwhile, in a statement, Rashid said the marchers should respect the Lahore High Court (LHC) verdict and must remain within the ambit of constitution. He said that the Inspector General of Police Punjab had been directed to lock the offices of PML-N and hold inquiry into the Gujranwala incident.
The federal minister said violation of law would not be tolerated. The elements found involved in any wrong activity would be treated according to law, he added.
Moreover, the minister advised the workers of PML-N to show patience and stay at home. He also asked the leadership of PTI and PAT to cooperate with police and security agencies to ensure safety of the participants of the march.
ISLAMABAD: Election Commission (EC) has started the process of new delimitation of constituencies ...