Colombia’s Santos says thousands of his emails hacked





BOGOTA: Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos has confirmed that more than a thousand of his personal emails had been hacked, saying unknown parties were trying to slander him as he seeks another term.
The El Tiempo daily reported Saturday several of the accessed emails were related to the possible, but never completed, purchase of some works of art.
Others were said to deal with school tuition payments for his daughter, Maria Antonia.
In response to the hacking, the government has taken additional electronic security measures.
“My personal email account and those of certain members of my family were intercepted, a criminal activity that I consider without hesitation to be serious, unusual and unacceptable,” Santos said in a statement.
The president is campaigning for a second term ahead of elections due to take place May 25, and he claimed the hackers were “motivated by political reasons. This will be investigated so that we can punish those responsible.” 

comments powered by Disqus
  • DailyTimes.Official
  • DailyTimes_DT
  • Rss
Sunday Magazine