1. Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing: A fruit cup is fine, but adding quinoa turns it into an actual meal, not a sad excuse for breakfast that’ll leave you starving an hour later, Huffington Post reports.
2. Vegan Breakfast Salad: Fresh and fruity.
3. Quinoa Salad with Moroccan Spices, Dried Fruit and Avocado: Sweet bites of dried fruit make this hearty grain salad perfectly breakfast-y.
4. Blueberry Breakfast Salad: That blueberry muffin from the deli case is an easy option, but it’ll just lead to a 10am sugar crash. Enjoy your blueberries with greens, oranges and a little bit of granola for a breakfast that’ll stay with you longer.
5. Baby Kale, Tomato and Poached Egg Breakfast Salad: Top greens and whatever other vegetables you have in your fridge with a couple of poached eggs and you’ll get 12 grammes of protein, plus tonnes of nutrients and fibre.
6. Smoked Salmon Salad: Lox doesn’t have to mean bagels. Pair it instead with veggies and a yogurt-horseradish dressing. Full flavour, no lethargic carb-coma.
7. Mellow Yellow Breakfast Salad: Pumpkin seeds add staying power to breakfast-ready pear and banana. Add greek yogurt for even more oomph.
8. Plum Avocado Summer Salad: This one has a little kick of chili to wake you up.
9. Grilled Wedge Salad with a Fried Egg and Cranberry Feta: Who says you can’t fire up your grill before 10am?
10. Sweet Potato Breakfast Salad with Almond Butter Protein Dressing: The power is in the smoothie-like dressing, which is a combination of almond butter, almond milk, dates and protein powder.
11. The Breakfast Salad with Pork, Egg, Tomato and Avocado: Protein-packed, and guaranteed to keep you going until late lunch.
12. Fruit Salad with Walnuts and Avocado: Walnuts and avocado provide healthy fats to help your body absorb the nutrients from the fruit and yogurt adds filling protein.
13. BLT Breakfast Salad with Soft-Boiled Eggs and Avocado: Apple, avocado, raisin, walnut and cinnamon make for the perfect mix of textures, flavours and vitamins.
15. Avocado Citrus Crunch Salad with Oat Croutons and a Buttermilk Drizzle: “Oat croutons” is really just a salad-y way of saying “granola,” but I dig it. Make a big batch of them, then stock enough produce to make this salad all week.
16. Pomegranate Salad with Maple Vinaigrette and Cinnamon Sugar Croutons: Yes, you read that right. For healthier croutons, use whole grain bread.
17. Bacon, Egg and Toast Salad: Why not reverse-engineer your breakfast sandwich, going heavy on the vegetables and light on the bread.
18. Breakfast Grain Salad with Blueberries, Hazelnuts and Lemon: A hearty base of quinoa, millet and oats is studded with antioxidant-filled blueberries and folate-rich hazelnuts, then tossed in lemon juice and zest for some added brightness.
NEW YORK - A giant balloon fitted with a new National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) ...