Policeman and 3 of family electrocuted
MULTAN: A police constable and three of his family members died from severe electric shock at his home at Chak 92-D in Pakpattan district, 110 miles east of Multan on Sunday.
Nazir Ahmad, head constable at the Malka Hans police station, and his teenage son Muhammad Arshad were trying to repair a hand pump at their house, when a pipe they were pulling out touched an overhead 11,000 volt electric wire. The consequent electric shock killed them. Nazir’s wife and mother tried to rescue them, but were also electrocuted.
Ahmad is survived by three children. The deceased were buried at the local graveyard, police said. app