Police arrests 50, but lacks evidence to convict them in Ashura killings
QUETTA: Police has arrested almost 50 people so far in connection with an attack on a mourning procession in Quetta on March 2, but officials said they lacked concrete evidence to reach the criminals behind the incident.
Suspects were being interrogated but the police had no evidence so far, said a senior police official requesting anonymity. He said they suspected a banned organisation behind the incident but had no proof. He said they had information that the incident was planned in a mosque 50 kilometres far from the provincial metropolis and it was stated that the suspects had visited the city before the incident.
Meanwhile, Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Muhammad Yousaf said that he suspected a banned organisation behind the incident, but efforts were under way to arrest them. —Staff Report