Fire destroys 100 Afghan refugee shops
PESHAWAR: An electrical short-circuit early on Wednesday caused a fire that destroyed 100 shops in a market.
The market was situated near the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, a police official at University Town Police Station told Daily Times. The short-circuit possibly caused the fire after a storm struck Peshawar, he added.
Nobody was killed or wounded, as the market was closed at the time of the incident, he said, adding, “It happened at about 2:30am on Wednesday morning.”