PML-N blames Shaukat Aziz for killing of PPP-P workers
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) condemned on Tuesday the attack at the Alliance for Restoration of Democracy (ARD) election office in the Fatehjang village of Qutbal that resulted in the death of three Pakistan People’s Party Parliamentarians (PPPP) workers.
In a press statement, PML-N’s Information Secretary Muhammad Siddiqul Farooq said the responsibility of the attack lay on ruling party candidate Shaukat Aziz and Attock nazim Maj (r) Tahir Sadiq.
He said the defeat of Mr Aziz in the National Assembly by-elections in Attock and Tharparkar could be foreseen from the start because voters were not expected to choose a person with no political standing and no contact with the commoners.
“Moreover, the economic policies of Shaukat Aziz during the past five years have made Pakistanis face price-hikes, unemployment and poverty. He is the most unpopular person in the country.”
He said the government, realising the anger of the people, had resorted to terrorising voters and had been harassing opposing candidates and their workers.
He pointed out that Sindh Chief Minister Arbab Ghulam Rahim and the Attock nazim were personally involved in the election campaign for Mr Aziz, which was a violation of rules of business. The chief election commissioner, he said, was ignoring these violations.
Mr Farooq said no amount of violence would make the people of Pakistan accept the rigged election of Shaukat Aziz and international observers would also dismiss it as a farce.