Two killed as cylinder in factory explodes
MULTAN: Two madrassa students died and six people were injured seriously when a gas cylinder exploded in an ice factory in Mehmoodkot, Muzaffargarh on Sunday.
Mehmood Kot SHO Khalid Bilal told Daily Times by phone that the ammonia cylinder exploded when students from a nearby madrassa were reciting the Holy Quran during the inaugural ceremony of the factory. Muhammad Shahid died instantly. Factory owner Sajid Naeem, two labourers and four other students were injured seriously. They were rushed to hospital in Gujrat town where another student Fayyaz died. The other injured were shifted to Nishter Hospital in Multan where they were said to be in critical condition. staff report