Department store catches fire
LAHORE: A department store on Gulberg’s Main Boulevard caught fire on Thursday morning and after battling flames for seven hours, fire fighters managed to put it out.
According to reports, a fire broke out in Nayab department store due to a short circuit. The damage was estimated to run into millions of rupees but no loss of life was reported.
The store’s owner, Nadeem Amman, said his store contained a lot of expensive goods such as jewellery, cosmetics, garments, shoes and toys etc. Locals who saw smoke coming out of the shop after it was closed reported the fire. They immediately informed the fire brigade and other civic bodies, who rushed to the scene. —Staff Report