Fire breaks out in perfume factory in Township
LAHORE: A fire broke out in a perfume-manufacturing factory located in Quaid-e-Azam factory area of Township on Friday.
Products worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes due to the blaze, which was brought under control after six hours of hectic efforts by the fire fighters. According to rescue sources, the fire erupted at factory’s ground floor, which engulfed whole of it, as chemicals used for manufacturing perfumes were stored there. Factory owner Salman Shafi told rescue officials that the fire broke out due to a short-circuit but no casualties were reported in the incident. staff report